When I started to develop my first CUDA application, sm_21 was the then most advanced architecture. Now they are gone, completely deprecated. Tempus fugit.
- You are not illiterate.
- Confucius say it is easy to hate and difficult to love. Frankie say relax.
- Thank you Lo Wang! But your fortune is in another cookie!
- What’s a seven-letter word for ‘cryptic’?
- Live each day like it’s your last. Or at least today, because… Oh I don’t want to spoil it.
- Light travels faster than sound. That’s why some people look brilliant, until you hear them speak.
- Whoever coined the phrase ‘quiet as a mouse’ never stepped on one.
- Help! I am being held prisoner in a video game factory.
- Don’t sweat the petty things and don’t pet the sweaty things. – George Carlin
- You’re never too old to learn something stupid.
- All men eat, but Fu Man Chu.
- Some mistakes are too fun to make only once.
- With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
- He who takes advice from a cookie is sure to crumble.
- You will stop procrastinating. Later.
- Cardboard belt is a waist of paper.
- The difference between an oral thermometer and a rectal thermometer is all a matter of taste.
- You don’t need a parachute to skydive. You need a parachute to skydive twice.
- Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and the world laughs at you.
- That’s what ki said.
- The good news: you’re not paranoid. The bad news: everyone is actually trying to kill you.
- The early bird gets the worm. The second mouse gets cheese.
- Small cookies bring great joy.
- Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
- To be is to do. – Socrates
To do is to be. – Sarte
Do be do be do. – Sinatra
- It is better to have loved and lost than to have had loved and gotten syphilis.
- Cookie monster wasn’t here.
- Chew, or chew not. There is no pie.
- To maintain perfect accuracy, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
- Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best. – FZ
- Man who stand on toilet, high on pot.
Reference: Shadow Warrior (2013)
Nvidia: Hey, we have now started supporting icc 17.0 since cuda 9.0, but we won’t tell you that this is what you would end up having for your c++11 code:
nvcc warning : The -std=c++11 flag is not supported with the configured host compiler. Flag will be ignored.
Intel: Hey, just want to let you know that we have removed support for Knights Corner accelerators since icc 18. Now you either keep using older icc, or buy a brand new server with our brand new Knights Landing CPU.
And AMD: Sorry that Vega is a let-down, but hey, ours are cheaper!
Day 1 is pretty disappointing. rapha lost to cooller without landing a single round; Team Liquid was stomped by 2z; Quakecon venue lost internet connection.
Day 2 is full of amazing matches. rapha managed to win two matches in group stage, and then survived Raisy scare. However, in the quarter final, he lost to his self-effacing teammate dahang. I root for rapha, and hope he will come back stronger next year. cooller continued his invincible state, until surprisingly thwarted by the young talent clawz in the semi final.
Final day, clawz is remembered forever in quake history as the first player to win the championship of both duel and sacrifice. Everybody was awed, mouth agape. Also being remembered is clawz’s extreme bad manner towards Vo0 and the way he talked in his interview. Guess the kid has a lot to learn.
A pretty decent first person shooter of 2017. The combat is very challenging and requires appropriate strategies. Some of my tips:
- In case of a sudden enemy encounter, press mouse wheel to go to the favorite wheel menu that pauses the game and gives you time to select the most suitable weapon or ability.
- To fight mimic and regular phantom: use gloo gun to freeze them, use psychoscope to scan them, hit with pistol or kinetic blast.
- In psychotronics there is a morgue with a locked door. An easy way to enter the room is: break the window, mimic a small object, and roll in.
- After completing the side quest Psychic Water, drinking water from the fountains in office rooms increases a large amount of psi and a small amount of hp. Don’t forget to take advantage of this bonus.
- The first half of the game is especially hard. Use a combination of silenced pistol, gloo gun, combat focus and kinetic blast.
- The second half of the game is much easier. (Ab)use mindjack, machine mind in tandem with psychoshock.
- In a side request you can choose whether to kill Dahl or incapacitate him (removing his last neuromod). Use the stun gun to do the latter.
- Enemies are regenerated each time the player reenters a map that has been cleared before. Do not try to eliminate all enemies as it will deplete the ammunition or psi points very quickly. This is especially true for the second half of the game. Instead, mind control them temporarily and run away.
I would rate this game 7/10.
- Careful thinking and combat strategies are required, which makes this game stand out.
- Plenty of good ideas implemented by the development teams that allow the players to play in their own way. For instance, mimic matter ability and gloo gun.
- A nod to Bioshock/system shock. They use my favorite font, Century Gothic, the same with Bioshock.
- Graphics glitches such as flicking shadow, low quality texture in mid distance. In certain areas such as in the reactor room, the fps may drop abruptly to 20 or lower. The graphics is not very impressive even under the “very high” setting.
- Hacking (particularly level 2) is a painful experience for PC gamers that use a regular keyboard. The control is simply bad.
- The NPCs are not very well made. They lack facial expression. They are not good looking. The texture and shading is rather coarse.
- Similar to Bioshock Infinite, when the player is sprinting, the mouse sensitivity is reduced by design, which I hate very much.
- The ending is rather anticlimactic. I don’t find it satisfying. This is also similar to Bioshock Infinite, which I personally think is an overrated game.